RELCIH Sustainability Programme
RELC International Hotel is committed to integrating sustainability in the undertakings of our business. As a proud recipient of the Singapore Green Hotel Award, we endeavour to provide our guests with an uncompromised and memorable sojourn whilst doing our part in being a greener hotel by fulfilling our promise in conserving the environment and reducing our carbon footprints.
RELC International Hotel’s Sustainability Programme is an approach where our management and staff consciously review and improve the way we conduct our business. We:
- are dedicated to the conservation of our environment and will, as much as possible, incorporate sustainable and socially responsible practices in our daily operations
- aim to participate in community and government sustainable initiatives which include encouraging local employment, purchasing local products and services and supporting community activities and events
- are committed to providing a safe, healthy and environmentally friendly workplace for our team members which promises equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, religion, beliefs and background
- strive to be more efficient in the use of resources by conducting regular workshops to educate our team members on the 3Rs
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
- to minimise wastage and the negative impacts on our environment
As our esteemed guest, we invite you to join us in our Sustainability Programme:
- Green Label products employed in the Hotel means less toxic chemicals are discharged on every use.
- Recycling bins for Cans (Metal), Paper and Plastics available at Level 1 and Level 6 lobby aids in ameliorating waste management.
- Public bus services are easily accessible at the rear of the Hotel. Detailed information can be found at the back of your Guestroom key card holder. Please contact our Front Office department should you require more information on bicycle-sharing services.
- Low-flow taps and shower heads, as well as dual flush toilets enhances water conservation.
- Keeping your room balcony door closed whenever the air-conditioning is switched on, removing your key card from the wall slots when leaving your room and motion sensors positioned in common areas contributes to energy efficiency.
- LED lightings installed in the Hotel significantly reduce energy consumption whilst being more durable, application efficient and producing almost zero UV emissions.
- Towels are replaced when placed in the bath or on the floor.
- Bed linens are changed every alternate day during your stay. Together with the towel reuse programme, this conserves an extensive amount of water and detergents, while reducing the amount of carbon dioxide emanated and electrical energy consumed during wash. Please contact our Room Attendants or Housekeeping department should you request for a daily change of linens.
We appreciate your participation and understanding in our journey towards a greener society.